Pakistan food is not famous just in Pakistan even Pakistani foods are famous in sub continent as well as internationally. Pakistani food has its unique taste and there are lot of verity in food in different areas of Pakistan.
For The Coconut Paste:
* 1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
* 2 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
* 1 tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
* 8 cashewnuts (kaju)
* 3/4 cup paneer (cottage cheese)
* 3/4 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
* 5 tsp oil
* 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
* 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
* 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
* Salt to taste
* 1/2 cup beaten fresh curds (dahi)
* 1 tbsp tomato puree
* A sprig of coriander (dhania)
* 3 green chillies
* Ginger thinly sliced
For the coconut paste:
1. Heat a broad pan, add the coconut & dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute or till it turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
2. Add the poppy seeds, cashewnuts & dry roast on a slow flame for another minute, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool slightly.
3. Add the green chillies & blend in a mixer till smooth, using a little water. Keep aside.
How to proceed:
1. Heat 3 tsp of oil in a broad pan, add the paneer & saute on a medium flame till they turn light brown in colour. Remove & keep aside.
2. Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in the pan, add the onions & salt on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour. Remove & keep aside to cool.
3. Blend in a mixer till smooth to a smooth paste using little water. Keep aside.
4. Combine the onion paste & coconut paste in a karrahi on a medium flame for a minute.
5. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt & 1/4 cup of water, mix well & cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally & mashing it well using a potato masher.
6. Add the tomato puree & curds, mix well & cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring once in between.
7. Add the sweet corn kernels & sauteed paneer, mix gently & cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Delicious Paneer Corn Korma is ready to eat.
8. Serve hot garnished with coriander.